Jennifer Gingras, LMFT
Marriage and Family Therapist
Topic : Affair Healing
A survey conducted by Peggy Vaughn found that 57% of betrayed spouses said that their therapy was mostly frustrating because the counselor focused on general marital problems instead of dealing directly with issues related to the affair. Relationship counselors will encounter the topic of infidelity and it is our responsibility to learn effective tools for helping couples navigate this painful time. While the process can often be overwhelming, there is hope for healing.
Jennifer answers these questions:
- What are common mistakes counselors make when working with couples going through affair recovery?
- What are the stages of affair recovery?
- Are there predictors of successful affair recovery and what are they?
- What are common behaviors that injured and involved partners may show when moving though the stages of affair recovery?
- What are common myths of affair recovery?