Carolyn Posey, LMFT
Addictions in Relationships
Topic : Addictions in Relationships
Carolyn’s workshop will cover:
- What are the joys and challenges in dealing with couples dealing with addictions?
- How does addiction change the relationship of the couple?
- What are key things you hear from a spouse to indicate one of them may be addicted to identify there is a problem?
- How do you explain to the spouse of an addict it’s not as easy as saying “just stop?”.
- How does it affect your approach as a therapist?
- What makes addiction difficult to treat in couples work?
- In addicted relationships how does codependency affect couples and in what ways does it show up the most?
- What does recovery look like for this couple?